So...Christina D. Schultz calls me on Friday night and says, "Can we go to Disneyland on Sunday?" I tell her I teach Sunday School that morning, so I will leave right afterwards. 9:30 AM--I am on the road towards the 99 South; 12:00 PM--I am parking in the Pluto parking lot; 12:15 ish--I meet up with Tina at Goofy's Flight School (But she doesn't do roller coasters--ONLY baby ones!), so we can get our "friend fix," and we share a beef gyro with Tsatzike sauce and a spicy quinoa and cucumber and tomato salad at California Adventure's new Greek restaurant, whilst having an awesome Greek band serenade us. Then, it's on to continuing our new tradition of a funnel cake at Disneyland's new fried food restaurant called the Stage Door Cafe (next to the Golden Horseshoe). In between, before and after, we ride Indiana Jones, see a preview of Maleficent, ride the Columbia, buy a collectible trading pin from the Candlelight vigil they hold in December, pick up some chocolate honeycomb, get in line for Star Tours, but it's too dang hot inside to wait, watch the Mickey's "Soundsation" parade, and I think that's about it (Although, there could be more, but it's 23:45 PM, and I'm done!!!). I pull into my driveway at 20:15 PM, and I realize that I think I've set a new record! So, now Bret, I've fine tuned this adventure thing down to 12, count them, TWELVE hours--although, I still like that 24 hour window a little better! Thank you for teaching me how to squeeze so much out of life, and invest so much into relationships!!!
P.S. I learned that a Scuttlebutt was what the water "keg" was called, where the sailors on ships would gather around and drink and "gossip." There is nothing new under the sun!!!
P.S. I learned that a Scuttlebutt was what the water "keg" was called, where the sailors on ships would gather around and drink and "gossip." There is nothing new under the sun!!!































No comments:
Post a Comment